Terms & Conditions of Service
Walls4Paws Terms & Conditions of Service
Terms & Conditions
In the Following conditions “W4P”. is referred to as “W4P” and the owner of the pet or pets to be boarded is referred to as “THE OWNER”
1. Boarding fees are charged for each day or part thereof, all outstanding fees must be paid in full on arrival. If your payment is withdrawn or bounced you accept full liability for any bank charges incurred, you further agree that the kennels may at their discretion charge an administration fee of 30% of any outstanding balance, if they have to chase the debt. Should the stay be extended for any reason, extra days will be charged at the daily rate. If the stay is curtailed, the full price remains payable, but W4P, (at their discretion), may offer a refund for unused days, except during busy periods where it is not possible to re-allocate the accommodation.
2. A No-Show is the term used for a booking where you have failed to present your pet/pets for boarding within 48 hours of the first day of your booking. In this instance you agree that your booking may be cancelled. You further agree that you will be liable in full for all boarding fees and agree to pay on receipt of our invoice.
3. All pets boarded must be fully vaccinated against Canine Distemper, Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Canine Distemper, Kennel Cough and any other relevant disease and a current certificate of vaccination must accompany each pet. A copy of this certificate must be taken by W4P prior to boarding or at drop off. All pets should also be wormed regularly and be treated for fleas when necessary, an annual titer test is also acceptable. Failure to provide a valid vaccination card for each pet will prevent them from boarding. In this instance your booking may be cancelled but you will remain liable for the boarding fees in full. During your pets stay they must wear a collar so that W4P may attach their tag with contact details displayed, so a collar is essential and part of W4P licensing guidelines.
4. No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dog Act will be accepted for boarding or entire dogs/bitches in season will be able to board.
5. All pets must arrive with their own collar, vaccination certificates, adequate food to cover the length of stay, grooming materials, etc. and regret that we will be unable to accept your dog without these.
6. As W4P is a luxury home boarding service, we reserve the right to place your pet into secure external kennels if your pet becomes destructive or aggressive, external kennelling will incur extra costs at the external kennels with transportation fees also incurred. Failure to disclose correct information with regards to your pets behaviour that results in an injury, accident or damage will result (at the discretion of W4P) in additional costs for either repair, restoration or other professional costs for example veterinary bills which will NOT be covered by W4P insurance.
7. W4P will insure each pet whilst on the premises (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy) to a maximum value of £1000.oo, extra insurance is available for a small additional fee at customer’s request. Owners must have their own insurance for their pet and microchip number.
8. THE OWNER accepts that a veterinary surgeon will be called if W4P think it necessary & any resulting fees not covered by insurance will be payable by THE OWNER at time of collection.
9. Any pet not collected within fourteen days of the agreed date of collection may be sold or otherwise disposed of at W4P discretion unless satisfactory communication is received from THE OWNER within this period.
10. During the period of boarding, W4P will exercise every possible care and attention to the welfare and safety of the pet, However W4P accepts no responsibility for problems outside of their control.
11. KENNEL COUGH. (Dogs only) This is caused by an airborne infection and thus outside the control of W4P. W4P will never knowingly accept a dog with the condition, but as incubation can exceed 10 days it may not be detectable prior to arrival. THE OWNER therefore accepts that this hazard exists, especially at busy times. Vaccination is available for kennel cough but not compulsory.
12. In the unlikely event of your pet dying whilst in the care of W4P it is THE W4P policy to store your pets remains in cold storage at a local veterinary centre until your return, W4P will not inform you of the death of your pet whilst you are away, but if you would like to be informed of your pets death or would like different arrangements to be made in this unlikely event please inform W4P in writing prior to bringing your pet for boarding. This cost will be incurred by THE OWNER.
13. We do not accept entire males over the age of 12 months, bitches in season or dogs who have been castrated less than 6 weeks.
14. THE OWNER gives consent for their dog/dogs to be fed together unless otherwise stipulated.
15. THE OWNER gives consent that their dog/dogs will be socialised with guests from different households.
16. THE OWNER gives consent for their dog/dogs to be kept together in a designated room.
17. THE OWNER gives consent for their dog/dogs to be crated overnight or as appropriate as part of his/her usual routine.
18. THE OWNER gives consent for their dog/dogs to be walked off the lead with other dogs from different households in our secure grounds.
19. If your dog requires a crate as part of it’s daily routine you give W4P permission to use our own crates for the duration of the dog’s stay.
20. We have a duty of care to your pets before, during and after your stay. We are therefore required to maintain information about yourself and your pet. We will retain these records after your pets stay with us in case we need to contact you. For example if in the unlikely event that one of the dogs in our care is unwell during or after your dog’s stay, we may need to contact you. In the unlikely event that your dog is unwell after their stay with us, we may need these records to contact you or other customers. If you would like us to remove your data from our records, please contact us.
21. If your dog requires a visit to the veterinarian Walls4Paws will not inform you prior to this visit unless deemed necessary.
22. All puppies must be crate trained prior to stay
23. Any dog that sleeps on the owners bed or in the owners bedroom on a daily basis must be comfortable sleeping away from human contact at night prior to stay.
Bookings are not confirmed until a 30% non-refundable deposit has been paid. Balance must be settled on arrival.
Walls 4 Paws Bank Details for Online Payments:
Sort Code: 20-81-00
Account Number: 73781690
Who we are
Walls4Paws is a dog home boarding and dog hotel service based near Foston in Derbyshire.
Company Address:Walls 4 Paws The Gables Netherclose Farm Foston Derbyshire DE65 5PX
Our website address is: https://www.walls4paws.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Walls4Paws does not actively collect personal data. The only data we store is covered by the key lawful basis for data processing set out by ICO in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your name and contact information will be stored with your consent (or implied consent such as making an enquiry on our website) so that we may contact you in relation to your enquiry.
We may contact you in relation to an ongoing contract.
We have a duty of care to your pets before, during and after your stay. We are therefore required to maintain information about yourself and your pet. We will retain these records after your pets stay with us in case we need to contact you. For example if in the unlikely event that one of the dogs in our care is unwell during or after your dog’s stay, we may need to contact you. In the unlikely event that your dog is unwell after their stay with us, we may need these records to contact you or other customers. If you would like us to remove your data from our records, please contact us.
We may contact you in relation to legitimate business interest.
Your data will be kept on record for financial accounting purposes which we are legally required to maintain records of.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact form submissions to this website are collected and processed by us. By completing the contact form you are giving us permission to contact you under the lawful basis defined as ‘legitimate business interest’. Your personal data is not used for marketing purposes. The details of your enquiry will be kept until the query has been resolved and then retained for statistical purposes. Your data will only be used by Walls4Paws for the purpose of answering your query unless you have opted in to receive marketing communications.
Akismet Anti-Spam Service
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this Website
Google Analytics Cookies on this website use the following names:
The cookies named __utma through __utmz come from websites that use Google Analytics, which primarily uses it to track visits.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to track you as you navigate our website;
(2) to analyse the use of our website;
__utmz stores where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
__utma stores each user’s amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit (presumably partly for double checking of this information).
__utmb and __utmc are used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends (c expires quickly). If you look at cookie state changes (e.g. using firecookie), you will see these change regularly.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Third Party Cookies
This website does not send third-party cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
On your first visit to our website, a privacy notice will appear at the bottom of the window. Click on learn more. You will be given the option to turn off/on marketing related cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
In Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
In Safari you can block cookies by selecting Private browsing.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
In Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
In Safari you can delete cookies by selecting preferences, then privacy, then details and then remove all.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Who we share your data with
This website is based on the WordPress framework and by default, it does not share your data with anyone.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Any messages sent to us via a contact form on this website are sent by email directly to us for processing.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO (Data Protection Officer), please use the contact details on the contact us page.
Changes to this Policy